Below are all dialogue options which relate to building a romance with Blackwall. Choosing them will result in the highest chance of forming a relationship with him. To access all of these options, you will need to have made dialogue choices that prompt Blackwall’s approval. For a complete list of approval options, see Approval.
Note: A successful romance with Blackwall is restricted to Female Elf, Dwarf, Human, and Qunari inquisitors.
“You’re strangely charming.“
- “I like your modesty.” - Slightly Approves
- “What’s hard to come by?” - N/A
- “There’s more in my quarters.” - Approves
“So is there something large and heavy you need moved?“
- “I just wanted to talk.” - Approves
- “I’m sure you have better uses.” - Approves
- “Possibly.” - Approves
This line of dialogue becomes available as soon as you reach Skyhold. Just speak with Blackwall to initiate it.
“Let him come. I swear I’ll take the twisted bastard down, even if I have to die to do it.“
- “I’m not losing you.”
Note: If this is the first romance option you’ve chosen for any character up to this point, choosing it will temporarily lock the Inquisitor in a romance with Blackwall.
“It’s good to be part of something so important, something that could change things.“
- “It’s only about the work?”
“But now I believe I made the right decision after all.“
- “Because of me?”
I’ve a Hankering for Company
Upon completing Here Lies the Abyss
“It’s not right… to want to do good, to be good, and have that turned against you.“
- “They didn’t have your resolve.”
Memories of the Grey
“I’ve never been more certain in my decision to join you.“
Upon completing romance quest ‘Explanations’:
“But I… I need you to end this, because I can’t.“
- “No.” [Kiss him.] (commit to relationship) - Greatly Approves
- “You’ll have to do it.” (ends relationship) - Slightly Approves