Below are all dialogue options which relate to building a romance with Dorian. Choosing them will result in the highest chance of forming a relationship with him. To access all of these options, you will need to have made dialogue choices that prompt Dorian’s approval. For a complete list of approval options, see Approval.
Note: A successful romance with Dorian is restricted to Male Elf, Dwarf, Human, and Qunari inquisitors.
Brilliant, isn’t it?
Note: This dialogue will be available during your first conversation with Dorian after recruiting him to the Inquisition.
“Am I speaking too quickly for you?“
- “I was enjoying the show.” - Slightly Approves (Romance)
Here Lies the Abyss
“Corypheus and his contemporaries entered the fade and began the blights. In comparison…“
- “I wish you’d been there.” / “I’m glad you were there.” - Slightly Approves (Romance)
What Pride Had Wrought
“All my talk of how terribly wrong things are back home, but what do I do about it? Nothing.”
- What about us? - Slightly Approves (Romance)
Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts
“All this dancing, politics, and murder makes me a bit homesick.“
- “Should we do that more often?” / “I liked your dance.” - Approves (Romance)
Regarding southern mages…
“The Inquisition is seen as an authority. You’ve given southern mages license to… well, be like mages back home.“
- “So long as they’re like you.” - Slightly Approves (Romance)
I could watch you roam Skyhold all day…
“I suppose it’s more fun this way. For me, I mean. You’re rather strapping.“
- “I could say the same of you.” - Slightly Approves (Romance)
Did you know we’re actually related?
“We are talking long ago, of course.“
- “Can we still flirt?” - Slightly Approves (Romance)
Tell me about yourself…
“And beyond my being so charming and well-dressed? Which is obvious to anyone.“
- “It’s obvious to me.” - Slightly Approves (Romance)