Information about the Seeker Hunter Bow in Horizon Forbidden West, including how to obtain it, how to upgrade it, and what the strengths and weaknesses of the Seeker Hunter Bow are.
Seeker Hunter Bow Description
“A pristine Nora bow used by a select few. It deals extra damage against knocked down enemies and can be upgraded to use Advanced Frost Hunter Arrows.”
How to Get the Seeker Hunter Bow
|Fall’s Edge Hunter||1062 Metal Shards + 1x Sunwing Circulator + 1x Large Machine Core|
You can buy this bow from a Hunter in Fall’s Edge. To access this area you must complete the quest The Eye of the Earth, which is about a third of the way through the main questline. Even after that, however, it’s a far trek to the west.
In addition you’ll need to trade a [Sunwing] Circulator to obtain the Seeker Hunter Bow. These avian machines are fairly common out west, and obtaining a Circulator just requires that you kill one and have a bit of luck to get the drop. You don’t need to knock off any specific parts.
How to Use the Seeker Hunter Bow
An interesting weapon that specializes in dealing Frost damage, it achieves this by having both Frost Hunter Arrows and, after unlocking them at Rank III, Advanced Frost Hunter Arrows, the latter of which are ideal for dishing out Frost Damage at medium ranges… even if they’re a bit slower when used in conjunction with Triple Notch.
Not to be one-dimensional, this bow also has Advanced Hunter Arrows unlocked by default, and while its Impact and Tear damage output is inferior to the Vanguard Hunter Bow, it’s still a potent enough weapon that you shouldn’t be leaving too much damage on the table if you don’t swap to another weapon after inflicting a target with the Brittle debuff.
In addition to versatile ammunition types, the Seeker Hunter Bow also has access to three perks. By default it’ll have the “Knockdown Damage +15%”, allowing you to punish enemies that slip while facing you. This bonus will improve to +40% at Rank IV. At Rank I you’ll unlock “Overdraw Damage +15%”, along with the ability to overdraw the bow. Finally at Rank V you’ll unlock “Close Range Damage +15%”, which will deal more damage to enemies within 10m of you.
As with most Very Rare weapons, the Seeker Hunter Bow can gain up to three Coil Slots. It starts out with one, unlock a second at Rank II, and a third at Rank V.
How to Upgrade the Seeker Hunter Bow
|I||Increased Weapon Stats, 1x Perk Improvement||127x Metal Shards, 4x Braided Wire, 4x Small Machine Core, 1x Medium Machine Core|
|II||Increased Weapon Stats, Unlocks Coil Slot||212x Metal Shards, 6x Braided Wire, 2x Rockbreaker Mining Claw, 3x Sunwing Shield Caster|
|III||Increased Weapon Stats, Unlocks New Ammo||300x Metal Shards, 10x Braided Wire, 1x Large Machine Core, 1x Rockbreaker Circulator, 3x Behemoth Force Loader|
|IV||Increased Weapon Stats, 1x Perk Improvement||450x Metal Shards, 2x Large Machine Core, 1x Behemoth Circulator, 2x Scorcher Scanning Ear, 1x Sunwing Primary Nerve|
|V||Increased Weapon Stats, 1x Perk Improvement, Unlocks Coil Slot||600x Metal Shards, 1x Luminous Brainstem, 1x Scorcher Primary Nerve, 2x Dreadwing Metal Fang, 1x Apex Thunderjaw Heart|
Seeker Hunter Bow Rank I Upgrades
- Metal Shards: Common drop from all machines.
- Braided Wire: Common drop from all machines.
- Small Machine Core: Uncommon drop from all Lightweight machines.
- Medium Machine Core: Rare drop from all Midweight machines.
Seeker Hunter Bow Rank II Upgrades
- Rockbreaker Mining Claw: Very Rare component from [Rockbreaker] machines. Must be detached before the machine is destroyed. Rockbreakers can be found along the southeastern end of the Stillsands.
- Sunwing Shield Caster: Rare component from Sunwings. Must be detached before the machine is destroyed.
Seeker Hunter Bow Rank III Upgrades
- Large Machine Core: Rare drop from all Heavyweight machines.
- Rockbreaker Circulator: Uncommon drop from Rockbreakers.
- Behemoth Force Loader: Very Rare drop from [Behemoths]. Must be detatched before the machine is destroyed. Behemoths can be found along the northern end of the Stillsands.
Seeker Hunter Bow Rank IV Upgrades
- Behemoth Circulator: Uncommon drop from Behemoths.
- Scorcher Scanning Ear: Legendary drop from [Scorchers].Must be detached before the machine is destroyed. Scorchers can be found along the northwestern corner of the map.
- Sunwing Primary Nerve: Rare drop from Sunwings.
Seeker Hunter Bow Rank V Upgrades
- Luminous Brainstem: Very Rare drop from all Heavyweight machines, as well as [Scorchers], [Apex Frostclaws] and [Specters].
- Scorcher Primary Nerve: Rare drop from Scorchers.
- Dreadwing Metal Fang: Very Rare drop from [Dreadwings]. Must be detatched before the machine is destroyed. Dreadwings can be found near LATOPOLIS after the quest [Seeds of the Past]. Alternatively, you may be able to find a Dreadwing earlier in the mountains southeast of Cliffwatch, in the blacked-out, supposedly “inaccessible” part of the mountain range.
- Apex Thunderjaw Heart: Rare drop from Apex Thunderjaws.
Seeker Hunter Bow Stats
|Advanced Hunter Arrows||Base||Rank I||Rank II||Rank III||Rank IV||Rank V|
|Frost Hunter Arrows||Base||Rank I||Rank II||Rank III||Rank IV||Rank V|
|Advanced Frost Hunter Arrows||Base||Rank I||Rank II||Rank III||Rank IV||Rank V|
Seeker Hunter Bow Perks
|Perks||Base||Rank I||Rank II||Rank III||Rank IV||Rank V|
|Close Range Damage||-||-||-||-||-||+15%|
Knockdown Damage: Deals extra damage when a target is knocked prone. Unlocked by default, this perk improves from +15% to +40% at Rank IV.
Overdraw Damage: Deals extra damage when a shot is “Overdrawn”. Unlocks at Rank I.
Close Range Damage: Deals extra damage against enemies at close range (10m or less). Unlocks at Rank V.
Seeker Hunter Bow Ammo Types
|Advanced Hunter Arrows||DealsImpact and Tear damage|
|Frost Hunter Arrows||DealsFrost damage and Frost Buildup|
|Advanced Frost Hunter Arrows||DealsFrost damage and Frost Buildup|
Advanced Hunter Arrows: Boasting roughly double the strength (and ten times the cost) of normal Hunter Arrows, these are much more suited for dealing with heavier machines. Deals moderate Impact and heavy Tear damage. Probably wasted on wildlife.
Frost Hunter Arrow: Your generic Frost Arrow, it deals light Frost damage and inflicts moderate Frost Buildup.
Advanced Frost Hunter Arrow: A more powerful Frost Arrow, it deals moderate Frost damage and inflicts heavy Frost Buildup. When used in conjuction with Weapon Techniques like “Triple Notch”, it takes extra time to notch additional arrows compared to other arrow types. Unlocks at Rank III.