Information about the Wildfire Hunter Bow in Horizon Forbidden West, including how to obtain it, how to upgrade it, and what the strengths and weaknesses of the Wildfire Hunter Bow are.
Wildfire Hunter Bow Description
“This imposing, mid-range Utaru bow specializes in delivering Fire payloads and inflicts extra damage when firing down on enemies from higher ground.”
How to Get the Wildfire Hunter Bow
|Thornmarsh Hunter||1437 Metal Shards + 1x Shell-Walker Circulator + 1x Large Machine Core|
You can buy this bow from various merchants in the western half of the Forbidden West. To access these areas you must complete the quest The Eye of the Earth, which is about a third of the way through the main questline.
Once this hurdle has been overcome, you still have to make the trek west to find merchants who keep this weapon in stock. Venture to the western coast to find the town of Thornmarsh; the Hunter here will sell this weapon.
How to Use the Wildfire Hunter Bow
As the description says, the Wildfire Hunter Bow excels at dealing Fire damage, with passable stats on its Fire Hunter Arrows. If you need more damage output, the Wildfire Hunter Bow also has Advanced Fire Arrows, which are much more powerful than their standard counterparts. Once upgraded to Rank III this bow will also get Advanced Acid Hunter Arrows, which are even stronger than the bow’s fire arrows, making it a great dual-threat weapon.
Unfortunately if you want to deal Impact and Tear damage, you’ll have to go elsewhere - this is a purely elemental bow.
Otherwise it fires reasonably fast (quicker than the Vanguard Hunter Bow) and is accurate enough to serve as a midrange weapon.
How to Upgrade the Wildfire Hunter Bow
|I||Increased Weapon Stats, 1x Perk Improvement||127x Metal Shards, 4x Braided Wire, 4x Small Machine Core, 1x Medium Machine Core|
|II||Increased Weapon Stats, Unlocks Coil Slot||212x Metal Shards, 6x Braided Wire, 1x Bellowback Sac Webbing, 2x Shell-Walker Lightning Gun|
|III||Increased Weapon Stats, 1x Perk Improvement, Unlocks New Ammo||300x Metal Shards, 10x Braided Wire, 1x Large Machine Core, 1x Bellowback Circulator, 2x Clamberjaw Tail Duster|
|IV||Increased Weapon Stats, 1x Perk Improvement||450x Metal Shards, 2x Large Machine Core, 1x Clamberjaw Circulator, 2x Elemental Clawstrider Sac Webbing, 1x Shell-Walker Primary Nerve|
|V||Increased Weapon Stats, 1x Perk Improvement, Unlocks Coil Slot||600x Metal Shards, 1x Luminous Brainstem, 1x Elemental Clawstrider Primary Nerve, 2x Thunderjaw Tail, 1x Apex Rockbreaker Heart|
Wildfire Hunter Bow Rank I Upgrades
- Metal Shards: Common drop from all machines.
- Braided Wire: Common drop from all machines.
- Small Machine Core: Uncommon drop from all Lightweight machines.
- Medium Machine Core: Rare drop from all Midweight machines.
Wildfire Hunter Bow Rank II Upgrades
- Bellowback Sac Webbing: Rare component from [Bellowbacks]. You must avoid destroying the Cargo Refining Sac to loot this component.
- Stalker Stealth Generator: Very Rare component from [Shell-Walkers]. Must be detached before the machine is destroyed.
Wildfire Hunter Bow Rank III Upgrades
- Large Machine Core: Rare drop from all Heavyweight machines.
- Bellowback Circulator: Uncommon drop from Bellowbacks.
- Clamberjaw Tail Duster: Very Rare drop from [Clamberjaws]. Must be detatched before the machine is destroyed. Chamberjaws can be found west of the Tallneck: The Stand of the Sentinels.
Wildfire Hunter Bow Rank IV Upgrades
- Clamberjaw Circulator: Uncommon drop from Clamberjaws.
- Elemental Clawstrider Sac Webbing: Rare drop from Acid/Fire [Clawstrider] variants. You must avoid destroying the Acid Sac or Blaze Sac to loot this component.
- Shell-Walker Primary Nerve: Rare drop from Shell-Walkers.
Wildfire Hunter Bow Rank V Upgrades
- Luminous Brainstem: Very Rare drop from all Heavyweight machines, as well as [Scorchers], [Apex Frostclaws] and [Specters].
- Elemental Clawstrider Primary Nerve: Rare drop from Acid/Fire Clawstriders.
- Thunderjaw Tail: Legendary drop from Thunderjaws. Must be detached before the machine is destroyed.
- Apex Rockbreaker Heart: Rare drop from Apex Rockbreakers.
Wildfire Hunter Bow Stats
|Fire Hunter Arrows||Base||Rank I||Rank II||Rank III||Rank IV||Rank V|
|Advanced Fire Hunter Arrows||Base||Rank I||Rank II||Rank III||Rank IV||Rank V|
|Advanced Acid Hunter Arrows||Base||Rank I||Rank II||Rank III||Rank IV||Rank V|
Wildfire Hunter Bow Perks
|Perks||Base||Rank I||Rank II||Rank III||Rank IV||Rank V|
|High Ground Damage||+15%||+15%||+15%||+15%||+40%||+40%|
|Critical Hit Damage||–||–||–||+15%||+15%||+40%|
High Ground Damage: Deals extra damage when you’re attacking from an elevated position. Increases to “High Ground Damage +40%” at Rank IV.
Overdraw Damage: Deals extra damage when a shot is “Overdrawn”. Unlocks at Rank I.
Critical Hit Damage: Critical Hits deal extra damage. This perk doesn’t unlock until Rank III. It improves to “Critical Hit Damage +40%” at Rank V.
Wildfire Hunter Bow Ammo Types
|Fire Hunter Arrows||DealsFire damage and Fire Buildup|
|Advanced Fire Hunter Arrows||DealsFire damage and Fire Buildup|
|Advanced Acid Hunter Arrows||DealsAcid damage and Acid Buildup|
Fire Hunter Arrow: Your generic Fire Arrow, it deals light Fire damage and inflicts moderate Fire Buildup.
Advanced Fire Hunter Arrow: A more powerful Fire Arrow, it deals moderate Fire damage and inflicts heavy Fire Buildup. When used in conjuction with Weapon Techniques like “Triple Notch”, it takes extra time to notch additional arrows compared to other arrow types.
Advanced Acid Hunter Arrow: A more powerful Acid Arrow, it deals moderate Acid damage and inflicts heavy Acid Buildup. When used in conjuction with Weapon Techniques like “Triple Notch”, it takes extra time to notch additional arrows compared to other arrow types.