Information about the Forgefire Tripcaster in Horizon Forbidden West, including how to obtain it, how to upgrade it, and what the strengths and weaknesses of the Forgefire Tripcaster are.
Forgefire Tripcaster Description
This formidable Oseram weapon uses Fire Tripwires to burn enemies. It can be upgraded to handle Shock Tripwires and increase its damage over time.
Where to Get the Forgefire Tripcaster
|Purchase from Merchant next to Campfire east of LATOPOLIS||549x Metal Shards, 1x Fanghorn Circulator|
You will be able to purchase the Forgefire Tripcaster from a Hunter merchant in No Man’s Land, the second area of the game, which is past Barren Light. This merchant will be located right next to a Campfire in the southwestern portion, pretty much due east of LATOPOLIS. It will cost you some Metal Shards, as well as a single Fanghorn Circulator, which is an uncommon drop from any Fanghorn machine.
Forgefire Tripcaster Stats
|Fire Tripwire||Base||Rank I||Rank II||Rank III||Rank IV|
|Shock Tripwire||Base||Rank I||Rank II||Rank III||Rank IV|
Forgefire Tripcaster Perks
|Perks||Base||Rank I||Rank II||Rank III||Rank IV|
|Damage Over Time||–||15%||15%||15%||40%|
How to Use the Forgefire Tripcaster
Like with the majority of the Tripcasters, you most likely won’t be using this during normal combat. Instead, you will want to use this to set up ambushes for enemies. Use your Focus to highlight the path an enemy will be following, then place one of these when you can in their path to make them trigger it. For the Forgefire Tripcaster, you will want to make sure the machine you’re fighting is either weak to Fire or Shock, since you will get more out of this weapon. There’s really not much else to this weapon than that.
How to Upgrade the Forgefire Tripcaster
|I||Increased Weapon Stats, Perk Unlocked||75x Metal Shards, 2x Braided Wire, 2x Small Machine Cores|
|II||Increased Weapon Stats||112x Metal Shards, 2x Braided Wire, 1x Glinthawk Beak, 2x Fanghorn Antlers|
|III||Increased Weapon Stats||150x Metal Shards, 3x Braided Wire, 2x Medium Machine Cores, 1x Glinthawk Circulator|
|IV||Increased Weapon Stats, Perk Upgraded, Unlocks Coil Slot||250x Metal Shards, 6x Braided Wire, 3x Medium Machine Cores, 1x Glinthawk Primary Nerve, 1x Shell-Walker Lightning Gun|
Forgefire Tripcaster Rank I Upgrades:
- Metal Shards: Common drop from all machines.
- Braided Wire: Common drop from all machines.
- Small Machine Core: Uncommon drop from all Lightweight machines.
Forgefire Tripcaster Rank II Upgrades:
- Glinthawk Beak: Very rare component from Glinthawks. Must be detached before killing the machine. It’s best to probably try to attack the Glinthawk without it being aware of you in order to break the Beak.
- Fanghorn Antlers: Very rare component from Fanghorns. Must be detached before killing the machine. Each Fanghorn has two horns.
Forgefire Tripcaster Rank III Upgrades:
- Medium Machine Core: Rare drop from all Midweight machines.
- Glinthawk Circulator: Uncommon drop from Glinthawks.
Forgefire Tripcaster Rank IV Upgrades:
- Glinthawk Primary Nerve: Uncommon drop from Glinthawks.
- Shell-Walker Lightning Gun: Very rare component from Shell-Walkers. Must be detached before killing the machine. This is the weapon on the Shell-Walker’s right side.
|Fire Tripwires||DealsFire damage and Fire Buildup|
|Shock Tripwires||DealsShock Damage and Shock Buildup|