Information about the Whisper Hunter Bow in Horizon Forbidden West, including how to obtain it, how to upgrade it, and what the strengths and weaknesses of the Whisper Hunter Bow are.
Whisper Hunter Bow Description
“Used by Utaru archers, this mid-range bow is excellent for stealth engagemetns and deals extra damage to unaware enemies.”
How to Get the Whisper Hunter Bow
You can find the Whisper Hunter Bow at the ruins of Shadow’s Reach, which you’ll explore during the side quest Shadow in the West. To unlock this side quest you must first complete Shadow from the Past, and to reach these ruins you must complete the main quest The Embassy.
You’ll find the bow in a Superior Supply Cache on the walkways surrounding the fort.
How to Use the Whisper Hunter Bow
At best a modest upgrade to the standard [Hunter Bow], the Whisper Hunter Bow has a slight statistical superiority over the other aforementioned bow and a perk, but lacks alternative arrow types.
The one real selling point for this bow is its Stealth Damage perk, which starts out at +25%, but can be improved to +65% at Rank II. The boost is significant, there’s only one problem: the base damage it’s boosting isn’t. When taking potshots at Charger Horns, that perk accounts for around 80~ damage, compared to the Hunter Bow’s 60. It’s a hard sell to drop Greenshine into a difference that small, expecially since the Slicing Hunter Bow - which you can buy around the same time you could unlock the Whisper Hunter Bow - thoroughly out-damages this bow.
Like most Uncommmon weapons, this bow will gain a Coil Slot at Rank III.
How to Upgrade the Whisper Hunter Bow
|I||Increased Weapon Stats||50x Metal Shards, 1x Braided Wire|
|II||Increased Weapon Stats, 1x Perk Improvement||75x Metal Shards, 1x Braided Wire, 2x Greenshine Sliver|
|III||Increased Weapon Stats, Unlocks Coil Slot||95x Metal Shards, 2x Braided Wire, 2x Greenshine Sliver, 1x Greenshine Fragment|
Whisper Hunter Bow Rank I Upgrades
- Metal Shards: Common drop from all machines.
- Braided Wire: Common drop from all machines.
Whisper Hunter Bow Rank II Upgrades
- Greenshine Sliver: Rare resource found in limited quantities in static locations. Greenshine Slivers are typically found in eastern regions, like No Man’s Land and The Daunt.
Whisper Hunter Bow Rank III Upgrades
- Greenshine Fragment: Rare resource found in limited quantities in static locations. Greenshine Slivers are typically found in desert regions, like the Stillsands.
Whisper Hunter Bow Stats
|Hunter Arrows||Base||Rank I||Rank II||Rank III|
Whisper Hunter Bow Perks
|Perks||Base||Rank I||Rank II||Rank III|
- Stealth Damage: Increases damage against unaware or suspicious (yellow) enemies. Unlocked by default, improves to +65% at Rank II.
Whisper Hunter Bow Ammo Types
|Hunter Arrows||DealsImpact and Tear damage|
- Hunter Arrows: Your standard ammuntion for the Hunter Bow. Deals low Impact damage and moderate Tear damage. Good for hunting animals and removing components, but lacks the punch required to bring down heavier machines.