You'll pick up this quest in Chapter 9 regardless of your choices after Aerith leaves for her dress fitting. Once Madam M hands over her list of requests, make your way over to the gym to meet with Jules.
He'll ask if you're interested in taking on one of his guys in a Squats competition. This is a rather simple mini-game that takes practice to really master, luckily for the sake of this Quest, you'll only need to win the easiest match, at which point the harder difficulties will unlock. There's an incredibly useful Champion Belt on offer if you can win the hardest difficulty along with Sultan of Squat Trophy so it's well worth taking the time to hone your skills.
|Amateur||Luck Up Materia|
There's no simple way of winning at this mini-game but the pointers below will go some way to help you winning not only the first match but the subsequent ones too:
- Watch Cloud's body movements for each button press, this is handy for when the on-screen display vanishes.
- Speak out the button presses (or in your head) to help remember the combination and which particular button press you're on.
- After the fourth rep, you can usually speed up until you get to the seventh rep at which point you can go as fast as you can manage.
- In the Pro difficulty, if you fall over even once, consider pausing and giving up to try again, you'll need to be as perfect as possible.
- Consider muting the game to block out all of the chatter, this can put you off at times, causing you to stumble.
- Ignore looking at what your opponent is doing or their score, focus only on your own rhythm.
- Jules will end up with around 34-38 Squats so that should be the figure you're aiming to beat.
Jules thanks you after winning the first match for helping teach a lesson, unlocking the other difficulties and awarding you 3 Mega-Potions.