Quick Mission Guide
Follow these steps to complete the mission successfully without worrying about medal requirements. If you need help with the Gold Medal, check here.
- Head to the H on the map once you’ve completed the setup to begin this mission.
- Cypress Flats - Once the cutscene has come to a close, get into the garbage truck and drive to Cypress Flats.
- Block the Road - After Trevor has given you the signal, drive a little further ahead and block the road.
- Ram! - Now wait until the truck is in position, then drive full speed ahead to ram it on it’s side.
- Sticky Bomb - Quickly go to the rear of the truck and break open the doors with a sticky bomb.
- Clear the Cops - Unfortunately, the cops are on their way, so make use of Trevor’s Rocket Launcher and sniper to clear out the snipers and helicopters surrounding the area.
- Escape - Once enough cops have been taken down, jump in the garbage truck and drive to the getaway location.
- Destroy Garbage Trucks - Finally, destroy the garbage truck and drive to Devins’s home to complete the mission.
Gold Medal Requirements:
- Hawk Down - Shoot down the helicopter as Trevor.
- Headshots - - Kill 12 enemies with a headshot.
- Accuracy - Finish with a shooting accuracy of at least 60 percent.
- Switcher - Switch character 10 times.
One of the easier heists to complete as there is no time limit and just a lot of shooting stuff!
As the challenge says, when the chopper appears, switch to Trevor and use any weapon you want to take it down. A well-placed rocket with the RPG can take it out in one hit though for the purposes of keeping your accuracy up, I would suggest to just auto-aim with the MG and shoot the guys inside along with the pilot.
There are so many enemies in this mission, this should be easily achievable. You can snipe enemies with Trevor easily or you can use Michael’s special to make things easier on yourself.
Try to avoid the RPG where possible. It is best to only use it to clear the alley when the police cars arrive from the left. It can damage your accuracy greatly if you miss. Stick with a weapon with a good scope like the Carbine Rifle or Combat MG (when upgraded).
You will most likely find yourself switching a lot, especially if one of your characters gets a bit injured. Switch between characters to combat any new threats, like the chopper and snipers that arrive. Also, keep switching to make use of Michael and Trevor’s specials. As long as you remember that this is a challenge requirement, you will naturally find yourself switching anyway.
If you are used to switching a lot then this challenge will be easy. The mission is long enough to give you ample opportunities to switch.
You performed a classic blitz play.