Quick Mission Guide
Follow these steps to complete the mission successfully without worrying about medal requirements. If you need help with the Gold Medal, check here
- Once you’ve completed Pulling Favors and have tuned up Franklin’s Car, meet with Hao in an allewway located under the Strawberry Highway to begin this mission.
- Head to the Race Location - After the scene has come to a close, drive over to the start location.
- Win! - Finally, win the race to complete the mission.
Gold Medal Requirements:
- Fastest Lap - Complete a lap within 01:20.
- Underdog - Finish the race within 02:50.
- Clean Race - Finish the race with less than 5 collisions.
To achieve all the gold medals is incredibly tricky in this race. A fast, easily driveable car is a must. Hopefully you’ve modded Franklin’s Buffalo or you have purchased a very good car. Make sure to choose one with good steering. There are muscle cars parked outside near where you meet Hao but these do not handle very well. They skid and slide and are very difficult to control.
To achieve a fast lap, make sure to go into the race with Franklin’s special full. Utilise this on straights and tricky corners. It may take you a few tries to achieve perfection but once you have learnt the route, you should be able to complete a fast lap.
This time is only achievable if you have a very clean race and complete each lap quickly. Make use of Franklin’s special as before.
This is definitely the hardest medal requirement as not only do you have to avoid crashing yourself, the other drivers constantly get in your way or cut across you making it very difficult to avoid them. If you find yourself boxed in, let them go ahead and wait for a nice bit of space before slamming your foot down. Make use of Franklin’s power to avoid collisions or to make corners easier.
The last straight leading back to the finish is very good to gain ground on your opponents. Use Franklin’s special here and simply drive around them while avoiding oncoming cars.