Quick Mission Guide
Follow these steps to complete the mission successfully without worrying about medal requirements. If you need help with the Gold Medal, check here.
- After the introduction has come to a close, drive to the Jewelry Store.
- Roof - Once Michael has left, climb up to the roof and head towards the yellow marker, then throw the gas into the vents.
- Jewelry Store - After the gas has done its job, head inside the store and smash as many cabinets until the time is up.
- Escape! - Once the cash has been acquired, follow the crew on the bikes until you reach the sewers.
- Defend Franklin - Use the truck to destroy the cop cars, allowing Franklin and the others to get in the truck safely.
- Lockup - Finally, meet up with Lester at the lockup to complete the Mission.
Gold Medal Requirements:
- Quick Grab - Steal the jewelry within 00:50.
- Protege Protected - Protect Franklin during the LS River chase.
- Clean Sweep - Steal the jewelry from all 20 glass cabinets.
If you have been following the guide, this mission is the culmination of all that preparation you’ve been doing up until now. For every heist you do, there is always some preparatory work involved.
The best group for this mission to maximise money and still be able to achieve the gold medal in one run is Karim for the driver, Norm for the gunman who helps you inside the store and Christian as the hacker.
Christian gains you one minute of time inside. Paige nets you 90 seconds but since we only need 50 seconds, she is not necessary and takes a much bigger cut from the score.
This can be tricky but your radar actually has small green blips on it to show which cases have yet to be pillaged so you can plan your route accordingly. Choosing the smart approach also has the added benefit of knocking out the employees so they cannot interfere. During the loud approach, your gunman has to deal with an employee causing them to stop stealing from the cases.
Keep mashing the button shown on screen to grab the jewelry instantly. Decide which case to go to beforehand so you can move there once the animations have finished. Your gunman will be helping you at the same time so only go to cases away from him. With a bit of luck and practice, you can achieve this challenge.
Once you switch to Michael in the truck after coming out of the sewers with Franklin, you need to knockout all the police cars before they even get a chance to hit Franklin and the other rider(s). You need to aim to wipe out the cars as soon as they appear.
In the beginning, take out both cars by swerving into them. If you clip them just on the side then they will still crash because as Michael points out, there are bullbars attached to the front of the van. Whenever the riders move across the river, move with them.
When the cars come from the pipes at the side, if you keep up with Franklin, you can just drive straight through them before they get a chance to do anything. Be very careful not to swerve into Franklin or the other rider as naturally, you will fail the mission and the challenge.
As mentioned above, check your radar for green blips that show any cabinets yet to be pilfered. This is especially useful when you get down to one or two left. If you are aiming for speed as well, you will achieve this challenge naturally in conjunction with the “Quick Grab” challenge.
You cleaned out Vangelico to pay back Martin Madrazo.