Quick Mission Guide
Follow these steps to complete the mission successfully without worrying about medal requirements. If you need help with the Gold Medal, check here.
- Begin this mission by heading to the L on the map to meet with Lester.
- Go to the Suburban Store - After the scene has come to a close, travel to a suburban store and purchase a gilet.
- Travel to the LifeInvader Building - Now you’re all dressed up, go to the LifeInvader Building and enter via the rear entrance.
- Follow the Programmer - Follow the programmer up to his office, then help fix his computer.
- Rig the Prototype - Once the computer is all cleaned up, go into the room on the left to rig the phone.
- Exit! - Finally, exit the building and return to Michael’s Home and call Jay Norris when he pulls out the phone to complete the Mission.
Gold Medal Requirements:
This mission is not hard as much as it is annoying. It requires a little practice and precision in order to complete the Pop-ups challenge.
If you are replaying this mission, it can be tricky to do it within the time. The best way is to either steal the car up the street or head to the road.. Sometimes you can get lucky and a fast car will be there. If not, sprint to the road and steal the first decent car you see.
Drive as fast as possible to Suburban, avoiding crashing into anything. Upon arrival at Suburban, just choose the first shirt and the first shorts when selecting clothes. Get back in your car and race to the Life Invader offices, once again avoiding crashes.
If you clear the pop-ups quickly, you should still be able to make the time. Once you have planted the device and exited the offices, again steal the fastest car you can see and hurry back to Michael’s house. Sprint into his lounge and watch the press conference. As soon as he pulls the “Dock” device out, call Norton to end the mission.
A handy trick to help you complete this challenge is to activate Michael’s special ability right before the cutscene with Rickie. This does not slow down the time to close the pop-ups but will still slow down the timer enabling you to close them down easily and even a little slowly.
The route you should take is to close the middle one first, then work your way to the right. If another pop-up appears in the middle, close that one before working your way to the left. As soon as they are all clear, activate the Antivirus. Press Exterminate once the scanning has finished.