Quick Mission Guide
Follow these steps to complete the mission successfully without worrying about medal requirements. If you need help with the Gold Medal, check here.
- Once you’ve completed Sidetracked and Driller, head to the H icon to begin the heist.
- Drive to the Bank - After the scene has come to a close, drive to the bank, then switch over to Franklin.
- Use the Drill - Use the drill to break a hole through the wall, then plant explosives on the vault doors.
- Defend Chef - Once you’ve opened the doors, take cover and take out the police whilst Chef gets to stealing the gold.
- Escape! (Trevor) - After the choppers have collected the gold, switch over to Trevor and fly out of the city.
- Escape! (Michael - With the gold taken away, switch to Michael and work with Franklin to reach the getaway vehicle.
- Defeat Merryweather - Finally, wait for Lester to takedown the Merryweather choppers, then drop the gold on the train before landing back at Trevor’s Airfield to complete the mission.
Gold Medal Requirements:
- Headshots - Kill 20 enemies with a headshot.
- Mission Time - Complete within 16:00.
- Cha-Ching - Drop the gold onto the train within 00:30.
- Accuracy - Finish with a shooting accuracy of at least 60 percent.
This mission is a bit harder than the subtle approach as it requires more finesse.
When the enemies pour into the tunnels, go for their heads. There are also plenty of guys outside as you try and meet up with Franklin.
The mission doesn’t take long providing you skip ahead when you can, even small conversations.
This is probably the fly in the ointment for this mission. It can be an absolute pain to line up with the train. Follow the other crew member’s descent towards the train and after it passes under the bridge, be prepared to drop the gold. Slow up enough so the chopper is hovering above the train. It doesn’t have to be perfect so just get it straight enough until you get the prompt.
You should get this through the natural course of the mission.
The Big One
This ain't no dream no more.