Quick Mission Guide
Follow these steps to complete the mission successfully without worrying about medal requirements. If you need help with the Gold Medal, check here .
- Meet up with Lamar and Chop outside Franklin’s Home to begin this mission.
- Collect the Vehicle - Walk with Lamar to collect the van.
- Follow the Destination - Follow the waypoint on the map to find D hiding in an alleyway.
- Chase D - After the scene has come to a close, return to the van and race after D.
- Sprint after D - Once D has fallen off his motorcycle, grab Chop and chase him through the bus depot/Trainyard.
- Use Chop to find D - Upon losing D in the Trainyard, switch over to Chop and wait for him to sniff out D’s location.
- Open the Boxcar - After Chop has found D’s location, open the boxcar and wait for Chop to take him down.
- Drive to the Rec Centre - Finally, drive to the REC Centre and drop off Lamar to complete the Mission.
Gold Medal Requirements:
- Not a Scratch - Complete with minimal damage to Lamar’s van.
- Homedog - Enter Chop’s perspective for 10 seconds.
- Advanced Reflexes - Use Franklin’s special ability for 7 seconds
Head to Frankoin’s Home to begin this mission, then during the scene you’ll meet Lamar’s dog Chop. You can teach him tricks and play fetch. For this mission, he is used to find someone. The hardest challenge is the “Not a Scratch” challenge as it so often is.
Not a Scratch
The only time you need to go fast in the van is when you are chasing the bike rider. Use Franklin’s special to avoid collisions and to make awkward turns or whenever the rider suddenly changes direction. You can afford a couple of small bumps but nothing major. When not chasing the bike rider, just drive carefully to your destination.
The game will prompt you to switch to Chop during the search in the trainyard. Do so when prompted and watch his perspective for a while. The game will tell you to switch back to Franklin to search the boxcars. After that point you should have enough for the challenge.
The best time to use this is during the bike chase. You will need to use it if you are wanting to avoid damage to the van anyway. Use it in short bursts at every awkward moment and you will easily rack up enough time to complete this challenge.