Hogwarts Legacy is a game that takes you deep into the heart of the Wizarding World. In the game, you will design your own character and begin your studies at Hogwarts. Of course, one of the biggest questions on everyone’s mind is whether you should purchase the game for PlayStation 4 at a discounted price or buy the more expensive version for PlayStation 5. The guide below goes over the pros and cons of buying Hogwarts Legacy on the PS4 and PS5.
The Differences Between Hogwarts Legacy on PlayStation 5 & PlayStation 4
The biggest difference you will notice between the versions is that the PlayStation 5 version has better graphics. This likely won’t surprise many, and if you’re not big on graphics, you may be wondering if there are any other differences that should sway your decision. Here are the key things you need to consider when choosing between the PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 5 version of Hogwarts Legacy.
- The PlayStation 5 version releases on 2/10/2023, two months earlier than PlayStation 4’s release on 4/4/2023.
- Both versions come with the timed Hogsmeade Quest.
- The PlayStation 4 version is $10 cheaper than the PlayStation 5 version.
- The deluxe edition comes with both PS4 and PS5 versions of the game.
- The PlayStation 5 version will likely run much smoother.
That’s it. There are no major content differences between the two versions. The biggest factor is that you can play the PlayStation 5 version much earlier than the PlayStation 4 version and that the PS4 copy is $10 cheaper. Of course, if you have a PlayStation 5, then you will likely want to get the version that matches your console to take full advantage of the power of your console. RPGs that have a lot going on usually just run better on the current generation consoles in general.