This is a guide for the Moebius O & P boss fight in Chapter 4 of Xenoblade Chronicles 3, taking place in the Pentelas region.
How to Beat Moebius O & P
|Moebius O & P
Out of the frying pan and into the fire, you didn’t think you’d get away from here without another Moebius battle, did you? There’s just one little difference this time, Moebius O and P have Interlinked to create a fearsome Interlinked Moebius. The good news is, you won’t have to worry about them coming out of the Interlink like with Ouroboros, the bad news is, this makes them tougher joined together.
Moebius O & P use many Arts that hit an AoE, so you’ll want to be careful with your positioning in this battle, especially with your controlled character. Their Arts are many, and you can learn all about them below:
- Heel Stomp: Moebius O & P will stomp on a single target multiple times, causing moderate damage should all hits connect.
- Rose Whip: Moebius O & P will go down on all fours and lash around their tentacles, dealing moderate damage to all targets in an AoE in front of them.
- August Symbol: Moebius O & P generate a barrier in front of them that will sometimes cause attacks to bounce off them and decrease the damage taken from attacks.
- Grand Berserker: Moebius O & P will lash out with multiple punches targets in an AoE in front of them, dealing major damage should all hits connect.
- Lunar Orbit: Moebius O & P will punch a single target multiple times, dealing up to moderate damage and inflicting Launch.
- Exalted Fist: Occasionally, after using Lunar Orbit, Moebius O & P will perform this follow-up, inflicting Smash and causing major damage to the Launched target.
- Empress Chariot: Once Enraged, Moebius O & P will go down on all fours and shoot backwards and forwards in a straight line, dealing moderate damage to any targets in their path.
That’s right, Moebius O & P have a whopping seven Arts available to them, more than any other Boss you’ve fought to date. To make matters worse, they’re surprisingly quick despite that gargantuan size so expect them to chain multiple Arts together to really cause massive damage at once. Saving your Chain Attack for moments when it looks dire and you need to heal is crucial here, far more than worrying about saving it for an Overkill.
Heel Stomp is by far their most common Art to use, and they’ll often chain it with Rose Whip shortly after. Heel Stomp is easy enough to deal with, it’s only on a single target but Rose Whip can catch you out after, for this reason alone, make sure the character you control is not standing in front of Moebius O & P. If you’re playing as the Tank, try and attempt to direct them away from the rest of the party.
August Symbol can be a nuisance, but we only saw the Art once in the entire battle so it shouldn’t be something that you’ll have to concern yourself much, even if it lasts for a while. They will, however, start using Grand Berserker more often after having used August Symbol and this is another AoE that can catch you out.
Lunar Orbit is dangerous enough on its own, it will cause moderate damage and Launch that target but very rarely (we only saw it twice in the battle) it will follow it up with Exalted Fist, inflicting Smash on the target to deal major damage and a small AoE around the impact. Odds are, if she uses this combo on you, it will most assuredly incapacitate that character.
The final Art up their sleeve is the Empress Chariot Art once you force them into Enrage. This is yet another AoE, this time in a line as they dash backwards and forwards that will deal moderate damage to anyone that just so happens to be in their path. At this stage of the battle, you’ll really be feeling the pain along with Rose Whip.
Moebius O & P in general get faster in their Enrage and will quite literally use Arts back-to-back, this can cause you to get into a situation where it can be difficult to keep yourself healed. At this point, use a Chain Attack if it’s available to you with the primary function of trying to recover should you need it. If you can pull of a Chain Attack with a powerful (Noah and Mio Interlink) Ouroboros finisher, all the better, but don’t sacrifice your HP for it.
Keep up the assault on Moebius O & P, use Combos to disable them and buy yourself some time and eventually you’ll defeat the latest Moebius challengers, bringing to an end this sequence of boss battles.