This is a guide for unlocking and completing Nia’s Ascension Quest in Xenoblade Chronicles 3.
How to Ascend Nia
There are two steps for ascending Nia.
First, you need to visit four specific locations with Nia to obtain 4 pieces of Nia’s Memory.
Next, Mio must reach Rank 10 in Nia’s Lifesage class. If you have spare Silver Nopon Coins, this is a good opportunity to use them, although keep in mind there’s one more postgame Hero class.
Otherwise, if you want to grind the class rank manually (we’d suggest grinding to at least Rank 5), there are a bunch of high level areas dotted around:
- Low Maktha Wildwood at the bottom of the Pentelas Region. Enemies hover around Level 70 in the open areas; the ones at the Cavern of Oblivion are around Level 90.
- Daedal Isle in the Cadensia Region has mid Level 70 foes in the inner area, accessible via the zip-line.
- Elgares Depths at the bottom of the Aetia region. The monsters here are in the high 70s. They’re also all Elites, so they’ll take longer to beat, but give more CP.
- The Cavity at Swordmarch, where the City was previously located. The monsters here are in the high 80s. That said, the early monsters (Anloods) are easy and don’t aggro.
- Malevolent Hollow in the Cadensia Region has enemies in the high 90s and 100s.
Once you’ve done both things, discuss the “Nia’s Memories” topic at a rest spot. This will unlock Nia’s Ascension Quest.
How to Complete the “Grasping My Future” Quest
Nia’s Ascension Quest is relatively straightforward; most of the hard work came before, when you were touring Aionios with Nia.
With Nia in your battle party, head for the north-west corner of The Cavity atop Swordmarch, where the City was previously located. Depending on your party level, the enemies here can be challenging, as their levels hover in the high 80s. However, the Anloods don’t aggro and if you play it smart, you can avoid/run from most of the other creatures.
That said, there are no landmarks apart from the entrance, so you want to avoid getting KO’d or you’ll have to come all the way back.
First, follow the steps down through Anlood territory. There are some Taos circling high up that can spot you if you’re too close. After a while, there’s an Elite Taos perched on a pillar. Carefully drop down onto the ramp behind it. Then drop down to the sides, suffering heavy fall damage, but surviving.
From here, travel west, then north into Bunnit territory. These fella are fairly passive, but may aggro. If in doubt, control a tank with higher HP while you run. Or lure them in one at a time and kick their butts. Further west, drop down to the south.
This is the final stretch. Towards the far west, an Elite Taos will spawn and begin flying east. You can try and run backwards until it’s safe. Or face it head on. Either way, turn around at the corner and keep going east to where the quest-related marker is. There’s also a container nearby.
After the ensuing cutscene, Nia’s Ascension Quest will conclude. This will unlock Rank 20 for Nia’s Lifesage class.