Sadly, the Matriarch has no advice for finding Olivia, but you probably guessed that already. At this point, Ringabel offers a shred of hope from his mysterious journal. Apparently Agnes must participate in Florem’s upcoming Sacred Flower Festival–now a gaudy beauty pageant.
As crazy as this notion sounds, Agnes accepts–her logic is that if she attends, she’s certain to catch Olivia’s attention and Olivia will come seek her instead. Now that… actually sounds like a reasonable plan. The only issue is that they have no idea how the new festival works; time to do some background research then!
Tracking The Trends
- Just outside the Matriarch’s home, speak to the woman standing by the junction to learn about the spirit hairpin that’s now in vogue.
- Head to the city entrance (the first area) and enter the trader’s store in the top-right corner to discover the hairpin’s not being sold. Darn it!
- However; if you head left from the trader and speak to the blue-haired girl, you’ll learn that all the cool girls are dying their hair with petalhue.
- Sadly you won’t be getting your hands on petalhue either, so strike up a conversation with the man near the south to learn that “sexy” is currently in.
- Finally, speak to the woman standing still near the bottom-left to learn a thing or two about sexy clothes. We swear we’re not making this up!
Once you’ve compiled all your findings, return to the Matriarch. According to the Matriarch, the sexy clothes come to Florem from Sage Yulyana; thus the party decides it’s time to pay the elderly sage another visit. To reach Yulyana’s residence, there’s a land route between Florem and Yulyana Woods via Mount Fragmentum to the far east.
When you’re ready, travel east back towards the direction of Miasma Woods and the entrance to Mount Fragmentum–a conspicuous cave–is just a moment’s walk to the east.